Monday, June 22, 2009

Zoo!

Today my mom & I took the kids to the zoo. Riley absolutely loves going to the zoo, so we brave the heat and have season passes so that he can enjoy the animals. This morning he asked me what the orange monkeys ate. We looked while we were at the zoo, but did not see them eating anything. I guess we will have to look closer next time. The thing I love about the zoo is taking the pictures of the animals. I could take pictures all day of just the animals, but I won't bore you with too many pictures of animals. Here was the black rhino that we saw today.
These giraffes have become one of Riley's and my favorite stops since the babies were born in the spring. I love watching how the babies are growing. This giraffe baby was about 6 foot tall when it we first saw it. I believe it was about 6 weeks old when we saw it.
Riley was very insistent that not only would we feed the birds, but HE wanted to do it this time. Luckily we found a few birds that would come down low enough for him to feed them.

He is growing up soooo fast!

While we fed the birds, Alex decided to take a quick nap. Of course it helped that Nana kept the fan on her to keep her cooler.

While we didn't spend much time watching the real kangaroos, we did pose sweetly with the statue one.
The first time we tried to ride the train, it was closed. Riley was VERY disappointed. While he loves the animals, nothing tops getting to ride the train. Here is Nana & Alex waiting in line. Alex decided that she would rather eat the fan, than feel the cool breeze.

Then we finally got a shot of me with the kids. When the camera is in your hands all day, it is hard to get pictures with you in it.

No comments: