Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Perfect Summer Day

After getting over a quick stomach bug, I wanted to do something fun today, but be close to home...So we decided to go to the playground. As we were packing up, Riley wanted a piece of candy. I told him no because we had just had breakfast. So then he asked if we could please stop at Sonic and get a coke and some tator tots. I figured that if he was that specific then he really wanted them. He was so cute, he wouldn't even eat them in the car. As soon as we reached the playground, he raced to the picnic table and sat down to eat. He ate all of his tator tots, drank all of his coke, threw them in the trash, and then went to play on the playground. I was so proud of my big boy!
Alex fell asleep on the way there, so I let her hang out in the shade in her carseat.

Then she woke up and I took her down the slide. She wasn't too fond of it. I think the plastic was already warm on her bare legs!
Riley really wanted her to swing, so we headed there next. Riley insisted on pushing her, which let me take pictures. She loved it! Of course, she loves just about everything Riley does.



Then Riley found some friends and took off to go scale the wall. The only problem was he got stuck at the top and Mommy had to help him over the wall. After that I told him no more walls. He will do anything to impress a girl.

No comments: