Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

This is a picture of the first Father's Day card that Riley picked out on his own. It, of course, is a race car. Would it be of anything else??? For Father's Day, we did nothing but eat! First of all we got up and went to church. Riley sang again in the 11:00 worship service. At first, he shied away from being up front. So we told him he did not have to sing. As we got ready to leave, he turned and said that he wanted to sing. This time he was front and center. He smiled, did the motions, and sang the words to most of the song. I was so proud of him! Why didn't I bring my camera this time??? After church we went to lunch with my dad & mom at Macaroni Grill. This is one of Randy's favorite restaurants & my dad's too.
After lunch we came back to the house to mow the yard and clean house. No rest for this daddy! Then we went to dinner with Richard, Karyn, and Kalee at Uncle Julio's. Randy would never admit it, but I think he was really excited to get to spend Father's Day with his dad. It has been several years since he has got to do this. Then, no dinner with the Farris' would be complete, without a little Landstar work. So we all loaded up and went to check out a job prospect. Well I guess you could say the Farris men were doing what they love the most!

No comments: