Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Fun Day 2

Well I don't know if I can keep up the fun like this all summer long, but we are having fun while it lasts. This morning we went to see Kung Fu Panda at the Rave theatre as part of the summer movie festival (basically free kid movies shown on Tuesday & Wednesday mornings). We met up with the CCYM group from our church. Riley loved it! There were a couple of parts in the movie that he got a little scared and wanted to go, but I told him to stick it out and it would get better. Of course, it always did. So Riley finally saw his 2nd movie in the theatre. (The first one was when he was barely one and we spent part of the time in the hallway.) Alex also saw her first movie in a theatre. She did really well for the first hour. I fed her puffs while Riley ate popcorn. Then she got really tired, but couldn't get comfortable in my arms. She finally fell asleep just as the words "The End" spread across the movie screen! Oh well!
I wish I had some awesome pictures of their first successful movie trip, but BOTH cameras are with Randy. He left me and the kids today to head up to Oklahoma for a D-Day Paintball Tournament. So no pictures of anything fun for the rest of the week. Maybe if I had an IPhone... But that is a whole other story.
Anyway after the movie, a group of us went over to Chick Fil A for lunch and playing on the playground. The kids had a great time and mommy had some fun adult conversation. Then I loaded up 2 sleepy kids in the car and headed home for a short nap. We have swim lessons in 1 hour and 30 minutes.

No comments: