Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy 9 month birthday baby girl!

Alex turned 9 months old yesterday! Since this was my first day out of school, I had planned a really fun day for her & Riley. We were going to go to Grapevine Mills and have her picture taken in her baptism clothes and then go to Chuck E Cheese to play. Well my little drama queen had to continue her streak of making me cringe. On Sunday night, she had a little breakout on her stomach. We thought it might have been something she was irritated with while playing outside. But slowly the bumps got worse. Yesterday morning, we already had her 9 month checkup scheduled. By the time, we arrived at the doctor I was pretty sure she had chicken pox. As we checked in I let the receptionist know. She quickly had me go wait in the car and then they brought me in the back door to keep from exposing other children. Well the good news is that it is NOT chicken pox. The bad news is she has a secondary skin infection from her excezma. So now our doctor is sending us to see a pediatric dermatologist. I didn't think I would have to see one of those until she was at least a teenager. Needless to say since she "looks" like she has the chicken pox I didn't want to have pictures taken or take her out in public to Chuck E Cheese. At least I am out for the summer, and have some extra time to do these things.

These are the worst areas, her stomach and her back.

Adorable baby crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything!

2 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Poor thing!! I know how she feels. :) Sure looks like chicken pox...

ChristyA said...

Poor baby girl! She keeps you on your toes! I am glad it isn't chicken pox!!!