Friday, June 12, 2009

Alex's 9 month pictures & weekly activities

Today I finally got around to getting Alex's 9 month pictures and pictures of her in her baptism gown. We had these done at Kiddie Kandids. They always do such a great job. I do have to say that I am pretty proud of myself. For the first time since having Alex, I took both kids to the mall by myself, had pictures taken, ate lunch, rode the carousel, and shopped around alittle, and didn't want to kill either child by the time we left. The kids were so good today. While I didn't buy Riley any tennis shoes or find any cute clothes, we had a somewhat successful trip because we got some really cute pictures of Alex.
She was kind of funny at first. She would just half smile at the girl taking the pictures. But nothing really big. We even had Riley making super funny faces trying to make her laugh. Finally we let her stand up and OUT CAME THE SMILES!
This is Alex in her baptism gown. For those of you that do not know the story, my grandmother Betty crocheted this dress when Riley was a baby. Randy was not real keen on putting his little boy in a dress, so I told her that whoever had the first girl would get to use it. That of course was me.
After we had pictures, we drove straight to Dorothy's for another day of swim lessons. I am a little disappointed with how Riley is progressing. I somehow had great hopes that I would really see him swim this week. He can tread water with the best of them, but just can't seem to get the arms, head in the water, and legs kicking BEHIND him working all together. Oh well, we will keep working on it.
Yesterday we did some investigative work for Riley's b-day party. We went to check out Leapin' Lizards, a bounce house place. Riley had an ok time, too many big kids and no one that wanted to play with him. We decided it was not the best place for a birthday party. Too crowded for this mom. So after much thought, I think we have decided to rent a bounce house and just do his 4th b-day party at the house. He has the rest of his life to have big parties and big places. We can enjoy home while he still enjoys home!
Well we are off to the zoo tomorrow with Teresa & Jacob. I would say that I would post pictures, but of course Randy still has BOTH cameras.


2 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

What great pictures April! The one of her in her gown is just beautiful!!

ChristyA said...

her pictures turned out great!!! She is so cute!