Thursday, December 3, 2009

Riley's Thanksgiving Feast

One week before Thanksgiving, Riley's school had a Thanksgiving Feast. Since Randy's work had picked back up, I got a sub for the afternoon and went to go meet his friends. Before the food was served, they got dressed in their Thanksgiving attire. He looked so big and was so excited to have his Mommy at school. Then they got out their special placemats that they made for the occasion and sang their blessing prayer. Finally it was time for the feast made for 4 year olds to begin.
They had chicken nuggets, apple slices, grapes, macaroni & cheese, carrots, & juice boxes. Riley was in heaven. As the food was served, I was reminded how of lucky I am to have such a well behaved little boy. Immediately some started complaining about the food while others started crying and running to their moms because they didn't like the food. My wonderful eater just dug in and cleaned his plate, with the exception of his macaroni & cheese. Then he quietly asked if he could have a cookie too. My heart swelled with pride as I looked around and compared him with the other children.
Then he took me out in the hall to see their class Thankful Turkey. This was the things that Riley was thankful for.

After all the food was cleaned up the room mom sat them down in a circle to play the game. She had a baggie of candy corn for every child, but instead of just passing them out they played a game with them. She turned on music and whenever the music stopped the child holding the baggie got to keep it.
After every child got a baggie, they made apple turkeys. Of course Riley's didn't make it home before he had already started eating on it.
On a side note, the parents were supposed to eat with the kids. Unfortunately for me most of the moms took very little food, so I followed suit with one chicken nugget, a few grapes, and a spoonful of macaroni & cheese. I didn't mind too much because I thought that the brand new Freebirds was opening that day. So as soon as Riley's day was over, we headed to Freebirds. I saw people eating Freebirds, I smelled Freebirds, and then something horrible happened. The worker stopped me and told me that they were not opening until the next day. After all that, I wasn't allowed to eat Freebirds! I was crushed!!! Instead I had Taco Bueno through the drive through because Riley crashed on the way to pick up Alex.

Just wanted to include a picture of Alex in her favorite chair. She makes me laugh they way she will curl up in her chair with a book. I hope she develops Riley's and my love of books!

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

This post cracks me up!!!! He is so funny- especially his "thankful for."