Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Activities

We have been so busy lately, although I don't have a lot of pictures to show for it. The good news is that I finally got in the Christmas spirit this week. On Tuesday night, my 4th grade team went out for our Christmas celebration. We have so much fun together although it is weird how different this team is from last year. Just a couple of minor examples to explain....last year's team got together to eat chips & hot sauce and drink wine. This year's team shares nachos and drinks beer. Last year's team meets for dinner and stays late. This year's team meets for dinner at 4 and we are home by 6. Again just different, and not necessarily bad.
Here we are at Flips posing with the bear...I think this group is a little sillier than our old group. Maybe that is a reflection of a younger team. Chelsea, Me, & Jennifer

Tiffany, Melissa (my partner teacher), & Tammie
Mom & Dad had picked up the kids for me so that I could enjoy dinner & not have to rush. But since we finished up early, we decided to go see some Christmas lights. We crammed Mom & Dad, Riley & Alex, Papaw & Nemo, and me all into one car and drove out to Interlochan in Arlington to see the lights. Luckily for us, it had not officially started yet. That meant hardly any traffic, but still lots of beautifully lit houses. This really put me in the Christmas Spirit. In fact, I was even able to come home and finally write my Christmas letter. Unfortunately there is a glitch in my holiday spirit. I thought I was ordering one hour cards from CVS. Apparantly my cards are being shipped...I ordered them a week ago tomorrow and I still don't have them! The labels are typed & printed, the letter is typed & printed, return address labels are typed & printed, stamps are even bought, but NO CARDS!

Wednesday at work, Tammie & Chelsea decided that we needed to liven things up if we were going to survive the week. The result was a 1980's flashback with beads & beautiful bowheads!

Showing off our beautiful works of art. I'm pretty sure we were the envy of Bluebonnet Elementary on Wednesday!! But they were right, we needed something to liven up the day!

No comments: