Saturday, December 12, 2009

15 months old

Well "Missy Prissy" as she is called these days, turned 15 months old last Saturday. She is growing and becoming more girly every day. Last Saturday, the boys went to Randy's work to run the dozer and the girls went with Nana to the Bell Craft Fair. While shopping, I became increasingly aware that my daughter is even more girly than her mother. Don't get me wrong, I know how to wear a dress and even enjoy wearing a dress, but all Alex wanted to look at was the jewelry and purses. While she probably should be saying a few words by now, Alex is quite content to express herself with "at" and pointing. This sometimes means what's that? Usually Riley follows it up with telling her the names of all the objects around her. On Saturday, "at" meant I want that! In fact over one particular purse, we even heard, "OOOH! at!" Which I will take to mean OOOH! I want that! Too bad the purse was as big as she is!Speaking of size, my petite little girl has only gained one pound since her 12 month appt. She now weighs 19 pounds (5th percentile) and is 31.6 inches long (75-90%). Dr. Leffel is not concerned but did recommend us trying to add a little more fat to her diet. So in the mornings, she is getting 1/2 pouch of instant breakfast mixed in with her milk. (Which she absolutely LOVES!). Then she wants us to add butter and milk to everything else to make things more fattening. Just compare her chunky little legs at 5 months vs. now. By the way she was 14 pounds at 5 months.

Anyway, since my little girl is still insisting on putting things in her mouth, she does not have any jewelry yet. So Alex decided to make her own. She found the cookie cutters (that have probably never been used) and made them into bracelets. Aren't they pretty?



It is going to take some getting used to these girly ways, but maybe I can still teach her to shoot some hoops!

No comments: