Friday, December 25, 2009

Holiday in the Park

This year my mom's Christmas list consisted of one thing, quality time with the family doing something Christmas. So on Monday night, we took advantage of the warm weather and headed to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags. It was perfect weather and we had so much fun. Randy unfortunately was unable to join us because he had to work late. So the kids and I joined Mom & Dad. Right after we arrived, we saw Scooby Doo. Riley instantly wanted a picture, Alex as usual was not too sure of him.
Our first ride was El Sombrero. Riley was so excited and loved it, until about halfway through. Then he started complaining that it was hurting his belly. I got worried, but thankfully the ride was over quickly and then, he wanted to ride again. But we didn't, we knew there was a whole park to show Riley and not near enough time.

After watching Riley and I ride, Alex wanted to ride something. So our second stop was the teacups. This was a new ride to Six Flags for me, but then again it has been several years since I did Six Flags. Alex LOVED it!
Our third ride was a ride that used to be called, The Avalanche Bobsled, although I have no idea what its name is now! Riley, Dad, & I stood in a 45 minute line while Nana & Alex went and rode the carousel twice. I think Alex decided that this ride was a little too slow for her taste though. Finally we all met up and headed to the train station to check out the winter wonderland area. This turned out to be no big deal, except a really long line to see Santa. We wisely chose to skip this one, since we had already seen Santa and he is not big on Alex's list of favorite people.
The good part was our photo opp place!
Holiday in the Park is not complete without a few treats. We indulged in hot chocolate, kettle corn, and a pretzel for Alex. YUM!
Six Flags has added lots of small rides since I have last been there. Unfornately most of them go in circles and I wasn't sure I could do any more circles so Gampa took over riding this one.

Finally no Holiday in the Park would be complete without a ride on the snowhill. At the time, I thought this would be our last chance to see snow in 2009. LOL!

We had lots of fun, but ended the night with a wet rear end!

The kids were such troopers. We didn't leave until the park closed at 10, well after bed time. But they were so well behaved and hopefully gave my mom her Christmas wish!

No comments: