Saturday, December 19, 2009

Classroom Party Day

Thursday was party day! First Riley had his Christmas party/program/birthday party for Jesus at school. Since I had my own school party that afternoon, I couldn't just take off and get a sub so my parents went in my place to the party part. Riley was so excited to be able to show off his friends and school to Nana & Gampa. Here Nana is helping Riley make his second ornament. (The first one had a tragic ending!) Then I guess they sang some songs. I honestly don't know what they were singing, but my guess is "You'd better watch out, you'd better not cry!
Shortly after the pizza party, I was able to leave my class for a little while and see the program.
They did a book exchange. Riley got a rebus nursery rhyme book. I thought it was really cool and Riley thought it was fun almost reading!


Then all the parents filed into the sanctuary for the Christmas program. I was so proud of Riley. He actually sang and did most of the motions.
My handsome little boy!
After the program, everyone filed into the reception hall for the birthday party for Jesus. Unfortunately we did not stay. Riley immediately started saying that his tummy was hurting and that he wanted to go home. He did not even want to stay and have birthday cake. So Mom & Dad took him back to their house for a nap while I returned to school for my classes' holiday party. The good news was he was not sick, but I still skipped out on my dinner with the old 3rd grade team. I was afraid that he might be coming down with something and didn't want to expose anyone else. At least he doesn't appear to be sick, but Riley has not quite been himself this past week. Although he told me today, that he just needs to spend some time with mommy without Alex or anyone else. I tried to make this better by playing a little game of Cars Bingo while Alex took a little power nap.




No comments: