Monday, November 9, 2009

End of soccer season

With mixed emotions, we celebrated the end of soccer season on Saturday. Part of me is glad for the extra free time, but then the rest of me really enjoyed watching Riley shine every Saturday and seeing all of his team grow. This season's team was quite young and our poor coach often had a hard time even getting 4 players on the field. Saturday's game showed how much growth our team has had over the season. Riley scored 2 goals and 2 other players on our team each scored one. We lost 5-4, but we were so proud of the other players scoring their first goals. I do have to say though, that we were winning 3-0 before Riley had to spend his time sitting out. This is where I have to remind myself that it is not about winning, but letting every player play and grow as a soccer player. Every player gets a trophy in the YMCA league. Although Riley was pretty proud of his new trophy like they had won first place.

My little soccer stud!
The team getting their trophies!
Alex & Gampa enjoying the view!
It won't be long and Alex will be playing too!

No comments: