Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy week

This has been the busiest week and it is only Wednesday. Yesterday was my 4th graders' TAKS writing test. I am so relieved to have that over with! We spend about 1- 1.5 hours a day on writing leading up to this test, so when the test is over I always feel like I have time to teach all the other subjects. So last night in celebration of the test being over, my team and I got together for a little hot tubbing, a little relaxing, and a little American Idol. We had a great time, but I have to give a big thank you to Randy for keeping the kids all night by himself.
Randy has been so wonderful lately. My schedule has gotten really crazy and he has just picked up the slack by cooking dinner, bathing Riley, running errands, or just doing whatever it is that I don't have time to take care of.
Let's back up to the beginning of the madness...
Saturday morning we got up and did some housecleaning. Then Saturday night Randy & I went to a 70's themed birthday party for a friend. Mom & Dad took the kids, so we decided to do a dinner out without the kids. We went to Jin-Beh in Lewisville. It is a little Japenese Hibachi restaurant. I, of course, ordered Terriyaki Steak! YUMMY! After dinner we went to the party in Lewisville.
Sunday morning we woke up and went to church. Riley's choir sang "I am a Promise" I absolutely love that song. We knew that they had not practiced very much so I printed off the words and Mom & I really worked with him. I don't think it did any good though, because I'm not sure he sang a single word of it. I recorded the whole thing and if I ever figure out how to download video, then I will add it to the post. Sunday night Mom & Dad kept the kids again for me, as is our ritual for Sunday night's- so that I get some sleep and they don't have to wake up as early on Monday mornings.
Monday afternoon, I had my bootcamp. I am loving having our group workouts. I know that sounds strange, but I feel like I have so much more energy. Plus it is fun to have 17 of us working out and whining together. The only problem is that by the time I work out until 5 and then drive to Hurst to pick up the kids, we get home so late. Luckily Randy had cooked dinner.
Tuesday was TAKS!
Tonight we have Randy's softball game. I don't get to watch much of the games because I am usually trying to watch Riley while he is off playing with Claire. But the kids have a great time together.
Alexandra turns 6 months old tomorrow! I can't believe that it has been so long since my sweet angel was born. Then this weekend is Riley's 1st soccer game! My babies are growing up!

No comments: