Saturday, February 28, 2009

1st soccer practice

Riley had his first soccer practice Thursday night. He is on team #20 for the YMCA! He was SOOOOO excited about going to soccer. He has only been asking when soccer was going to start every single day!
I am also trying to get my exercise in. 2 days a week I am going to bootcamp after school with my fellow teachers. The first day kicked my butt, but the second day wasn't too bad. Thursday was my second day. So as soon as I finished working out I rushed to pick up Riley and we headed off to practice. Randy was planning on meeting us there. He had wonderfully run up to Academy on Thursday to find Riley some cleets, soccer socks, and shorts. Unfortunately he is not wearing them in these pictures because Randy had followed the directions that I gave him to preschool instead of soccer practice. So Randy was about 5 minutes late and we decided that Riley could just practice in his regular shoes. Randy also had to bring the camera to me because I forgot it! OOPS!
So after the boys introduced themselves and met their coach they lined up and practiced kicking the ball in the goal. Then they showed how fast they were by sprinting. They followed that up with kicking the ball in the circle. Unfortunately Riley had trouble paying attention because a little boy had borrowed his ball and Riley really wanted it back.
Alex has a little fun with Daddy while big brother practiced.
Riley's coach watches intently to figure out who to play where. Their first game will be Saturday, March 7.