Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Soccer Game!

Riley had his first soccer game on Saturday. Here is the picture of them at the start of the game. I'm pretty sure that his team would have lost if they had actually kept score, but thank goodness they didn't.The coach told us at the last soccer practice to expect them to fall 200 times this season. I wasn't expecting that to all happen in the first game. The game was adorable. For starters, all the kids kick in whatever direction the ball starts out going. Then when they get closer to the goal, it becomes a giant 3 & 4 year olds dog pile. Riley quickly learned to run (actually if you are Riley, then you prance!) all the way to the goal and then fall. I don't think that you can tell from this picture, but he truly had a smile on his face the WHOLE game. It was so cute at the beginning, he tried to come to me and tell me that someone had pushed him. Randy and I quickly told him to get over it and go play. After that, he just played hard. He did a great job of always being in on the action. He is not the most coordinated kid on the team and he still runs like a girl when he prances down the field, but I am so proud of him! Besides that the main thing is that he was having a blast!
Daddy gave him some extra coaching during a water break. Go Eagles!
Look at that soccer star! Actually that little #5 that is in the picture was the true soccer star. I guess some kids are born with it!




No comments: