Sunday, March 15, 2009

A long drive

As I drove along trying desperately to see the road during the pouring down rain yesterday, I had to stop and think just how lucky I am. Yesterday we made the 11 hour drive to Pensacola, FL to visit Randy's dad & stepmom. I truly have the best travelers ever. Both children hardly fussed during the entire trip. Even more amazing, we only stopped one time for lunch & bathroom breaks. I couldn't believe that Riley's 3 year old bladder only went potty one time during an 11 hour car trip. My children usually spend most of the time in the car sleeping or just watching the road. Riley & Randy watched 2 movies, but hardly any whining. Although I do have to admit, that they "Are we there yet?" started yesterday! About the last 2 hours, Riley kept asking are we there yet. I tried everything. I told him that we wouldn't be there until CARS was over. I told him we wouldn't be there until the clock changed to a 7. But he still kept asking. Considering that the night before he got up at 10:30 and asked if we could just leave then to go see Grandma, I think he did pretty good on the trip.

No comments: