Monday, March 23, 2009

First major owwie!

On our last night in Pensacola, we went to the beach to eat dinner at Flounder's. This is a yummy beach side restaurant. Riley had wanted to go to the beach all day, but it was too windy and chilly so we decided that eating dinner at the beach would have to do. They have a great playground right next to the tables, so we decided this would help Riley get some energy out. As the children were playing, Kalee commented on how you can tell the kids from Florida and the ones from out of state. The ones from Florida were playing on the playground. The ones from out of state were playing in the sand. This was where incident #1 took place. Some "mean" boy decided to get in a sand fight with my son. Randy quickly broke up the fight and both boys spent some time at the table chilling out. Around this time dinner was served. I had a yummy bourbon glazed mahi-mahi. After dinner Riley went back to playing. While he was playing, I got up to go change Alex. As I was coming back to the table, Karyn and Riley greeted me in the hallway with this! Apparantly while playing, Riley ran into the playground bridge. While this picture doesn't look too bad, anyone that has had children can tell you how bad head wounds bleed. Thank goodness I was not around to see all the blood. They had him mostly cleaned up by the time I saw him. Aunt Kalee got to him first and said he was just crying until the blood starting hitting his jeans, then he went crazy and started screaming. I think I would have freaked if I had seen all the blood. But they got him mostly cleaned up at the table, before they headed to the bathroom.
This was Randy's wonderful job of bandaging him up!

1 comment:

ChristyA said...

Ouch!!! I would have been freaked out by the blood. I can't believe Kalee wasn't! How was taking the bandaid out of the hair???