Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Riley's 1st Day of School

My big boy started preschool on Tuesday! This year he will be attending Messiah Lutheran Preschool. We got everything packed up and ready for him on Monday night with his new "Cars" backpack and Mickey Mouse lunchbox. He looked like such a big boy! The hard part for me was that I could not take him. His class does not start until 9:00 and I obviously have to be at work/school at 7:30, so Mrs. Tracey took him. I think she was having as hard of time as I was dropping him off for his first day. I cried when I got to school. It was so hard not meeting his teacher or being there to calm his fears. Riley was nervous. He told me the night before that he did not want to go because he did not know how to spell his words. I tried to explain to him that no one else did either, but he was still pretty worried.

Riley and his teachers

Looking for his cubby!

Hard at work!
The good news was that he did have fun, although he said the girls were mean! Ahh, my baby!
As a side note, Riley was supposed to stay at the after hours care until I could pick him up. Well whether it was saving the $6 an hour (Thanks Dave Ramsey!) or just dying to hear about his day, Daddy picked him up at 2:00. I was proud of both of my boys!

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

He is SOOOOOO cute! I just want to kiss his little freckled face!!!!