Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Great Saturday!

My parents FINALLY returned from their 2 week trip to Alaska. They had an absolutely wonderful time with many of their friends from their Sunday School class. As most grandparents do, they brought home gifts for all of us. One of Riley's favorites was "wolfie". They brought him an extra soft Alaskan wolf stuffed animal. This stuffed animal goes everywhere with him. It is "almost" as important as blankie! For the first Aggie game, I dressed the kids appropriately. Unfortunately they were not in the mood for posing for pictures. But they sure looked cute!

Finally I want to tell all about my great day on Saturday. For starters, I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine from Sunday School, who unfortunately has been put on bed rest. So the shower was moved to her house and we all had a great and relaxing time. I even won the game for guessing all the brand names of different baby items. Actually Barbara & I tied. We decided that means we shop too much. Maybe that is why we are both taking the Dave Ramsey class. After the shower I picked up the kids from my parents and headed shopping. Alex got a gift card from her Uncle Travis and Aunt Jamie for her birthday. This was the present that I wanted to buy her for her birthday, but her daddy decided that I was not allowed to spend the extra money, because we are on a tight budget (Dave Ramsey!) So I took the gift card along with my $5 in Rewards money to Babies R Us. After we picked up the baby stroller, I strolled through the baby clothing. While there, I came across an adorable pink skull & crossbones pajamas. Here was the best part, the total came up to $24. Climbing into the car, I pulled out the receipt in disbelief because I knew the stroller was $29.99! Apparantly she took the $5 off, the 15%off from my coupon plus an additional 30% off on the stroller. SCORE!
While things were going so well, the kids and I headed to JC Penney's with my $10 off a $50 purchase coupon. I needed some new black boots for fall. I actually found two pair. Since I had on capri pants, I wasn't sure which one would look better with my dress pants. So I bought both and figured I would go home and try them on with my dress pants. Later I found out, that the cheaper pair (that I really even liked better) looked fine with my dress pants. Another good shopping trip. After this we headed over to a burger place in Southlake, Johnny B's, to meet up with my parents and some of their Sunday School friends. They had all been on a scavenger hunt through Southlake. But somehow I had gotten involved because I have an iphone. Have I told you how much I love my PHONE! Anyway, after a really great Saturday, I took two very tired, but well behaved kids home. On the way home, I listened to the Aggie game. We won, barely, but we won! Overall it was a great Saturday!

No comments: