Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Alexandra turns one!

Last week I posted the pictures from Alex's 1 year party, but I never got around to posting her one year progress update. For starters, here are a couple of the pictures that we had taken for her birthday. Our photographer is Sheri Nagle and I just love these. Since I just posted party pics, I thought I would post pics from some of my favorite Alex's poses or times. Every night right before I crawl in bed, I go take one last peek at my babies. I have to admit that it is one of the sweetest moments in my day. Just looking at those precious angels sound asleep warms my heart like nothing else. This is my FAVORITE baby pose. Maybe we should sleep like this as adults.


I took this picture at 6:02pm, exactly one year after her birth. Alex now weighs 17lbs 13 oz (5-10%)and is 30 1/8 inches tall (90%). Dr. Leffel did mention that she was a little concerned at her low weight, but I assured her that Alex is just built like her mommy was. She said as long as she is drinking at least one cup of milk a day, one cup???? Try more like 4-5 cups! She also got 4 shots at her check-up, yuck!

Alex is walking most of the time now. She has 1 1/2 teeth and only wants real food, no more baby food. The trick is now coming up with ideas to feed her that she can eat herself and numb with no teeth.
She is really babbling. She says Momma and Daddy quite often, but not many other words. But don't worry, she has no trouble expressing when she does not want or like something!

She still has her beautiful blue eyes! They already melt daddy's heart!

Big girl enjoying her favorite food, Gerber ravioli!


1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Very sweet post. I LOVE her 1 yr pics!!!