Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lazy Labor Day

As I sit down to finally make my post from last weekend, it seems like an eternity since these events happened. Maybe because today it is 73 degrees and rainy. I can't believe less than a week ago we were swimming in the pool. Anyway, Labor Day in the Farris household was one more extra day to play catch up. We slept in (sorta- 7:30am), I cooked a big breakfast, and then we proceeded to play catch up on our chores. I recleaned the house, Randy mowed the yard, and met with our great friend/insurance agent to get Alex life insurance. After all the hard stuff it was time to cool off in the water. So we FINALLY got our Riley's pool that he got for his birthday (in June!) and set it up. The mistake we made was we should have set it up in the morning and let the sun warm the water. The water was FREEZING! Needless to say Alex's face in this picture tells you what she thought of the water! Riley, of course, had lots of fun. But then again he can have fun anywhere! While the three of us froze in the water, Daddy bathed the dogs. After their baths, they just wanted a nap!
As the afternoon wore off, it was time to put up the pool and fire up the grill. Sadly, we packed away the pool, until "next weekend." Little did I know it would rain and be chilly. Then Daddy started cooking the steaks he had marinated over night. YUM!
As Riley dried off, he decided to go for a little spin around the house. He loves driving his truck. I dread the day, we have to buy him a real car!

After dinner, I discovered that I have a dumpster diver living under my roof. Alex wants to eat everything that we eat these days, unfortunately with only 1 tooth that is a little hard to do. But I do still feed her, I promise! Anyway, I was doing the dishes, I turned around to find this! Good news is that the corn was on the very top of the trash and not too dirty!
Overall it was a great Lazy Labor Day, where we got caught up on a lot!

No comments: