Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wedding Reception in Austin

Memorial Day weekend was Randy's buddy, Steve's, wedding reception in Austin. The kids were out of town for the week in Florida with Grandma Karyn, so Randy and I headed down on Saturday morning. The reception was held at a park in Pfluggerville, so we wore our shorts and just enjoyed each other's company. Tiffany & I


The Groom, on the phone with one of their buddies who had to work

After the reception, 4 of us headed to Sixth Street in Austin. While there, I decided that you were old if your skirt did not cover your butt. It is bad when even the guys were commenting on just how too short the skirts were. In spite of being old, we had a good time people watching. It was a bit concerning when as we were leaving, Randy reminded me that in 16 years our daughter will be old to enough to be on 6th street. Old enough, but NOT ALLOWED!

The next morning we got up and met some friends at The Oasis. The Oasis reminds me a lot of Joe T Garcia's because it has gorgeous views, with pricey food, and the food just tastes so-so. Either way we had a great time and enjoyed eating our brunch/lunch overlooking beautiful Lake Travis.
James & Jane

Randy & I

One of the beautiful homes built into the hills along side Lake Travis.

After lunch, Randy & I drove in to San Antonio to meet up with another set of friends. Greg & Christine, who have been dating FOREVER, had finally gotten engaged the night before. I am SOO happy for them. They are perfect together and now we will have an excuse for another adults only vacation to the beach! We weren't sure what all we wanted to do while there, but quickly came to the conclusion that we all just wanted to lay by the pool and be lazy. I haven't done that in ages without having to constantly watch the kids and make sure no one is drowning. After relaxing for a few hours, Christine and I headed in to take a quick shower before heading down to the riverwalk for dinner. Except mine turned out to be not so quick. I took my clothes off in the room and then walked in the bathroom closing the door behind me so that the steam could make the bathroom really warm. As I turned the knob on the shower, the whole thing broke off in my hand! First I tried to put it back on, but I couldn't get it to turn past cold water. So I got out of the shower and decided to call Randy at the pool. Then it got really interesting. I couldn't get the bathroom door open! I was naked, stuck in the bathroom with the only room key, and Randy laying by the pool!
Luckily after several forceful thrusts, I got the bathroom door opened. Quickly I called Randy. His response, of course, was "What do you want me to do about it? Call maintenance." So I got dressed and called maintenance. He came immediately, but was completely confused as to how to fix it. Randy finally convinced him to just answer his other 5 requests that came in while he was in the room and come back after we left for dinner. In the meantime Randy rigged it so that we could at least take a shower and head to dinner.
That night for dinner, we all decided that we had enough Mexican and wanted steak. I called Saltgrass to make reservations, but was told that they were no longer accepting reservations for that night. We decided to eat there anyway, even with an hour wait. Again someone was watching over us, because our wait was only 30 minutes. We didn't even have a chance to order drinks and get the cheese fries that we ordered. Interestingly we did learn that night that by eating on the riverwalk means that your normal meals costs $3-4 more a piece and NO STEAK SOUP! But everything was still yummy. Then we headed over to spend the rest of our evening at Pat O'Brians. We had a great time hanging out and just being adults with no kids. But by the time we got home, I was beginning to miss my babies. Luckily I had 4 super busy work days ahead of me to make sure that I did not have time to miss them too much.

No comments: