Sunday, June 27, 2010

I have a 5 year old!

Oh My Goodness! I have a 5 year old! I know I will probably go through this crazy emotion all over again in a few months when I have a kindergartner, but right now I cannot believe I have a child that is 5 years old. I remember it like it was yesterday, when my tiny sweet little boy came into the world 6 weeks early. I remember all the details, good and bad. Like the 40 hours of labor, two shots & 1 pill to try to stop the labor, the dr telling me that I wasn't in labor. If I wasn't in labor, then I really wanted him to explain the intense pain that started in my back and spread to my belly every 5 minutes. Vividly I can recall telling Randy to go ahead and leave for Midland at 3 in the morning because I was pretty sure that it was just braxton hicks. But still I was timing them and called my dr at 8 in the morning. She told me to head to the hospital. So I drove myself to my mom & dad's. I figured if I had been having contractions since 10:30 pm the night before (on our one year anniversary!) then I didn't have time to wait for mom to get dressed, drive all the way to Haslet, and then us turn around and drive back to downtown Fort Worth. They gave me a shot and sent me home to rest. Luckily I chose to stay at my parents since Randy was out of town and take a nap. I just wish that I had taken a shower because I ended up not getting a shower until two mornings later! At 5:00pm, we headed back to the hospital because my contractions were back to 15 min apart. This time we stayed at the hospital. But no one, except me and my parents believed that I was having this baby now! The dr still told me I was not having a baby and don't tell my husband to come home. Around 10pm I decided that I needed to tell Randy to come home. He not so nicely told me that he had been up since 3 am and it was not safe for him to drive 5 hours back home! Well great! Finally around 5 the dr gave me my epidural. I was exhausted by then and dying in pain. Then he wanted to break my water immediately. I knew the first flight out of Midland wasn't until 7, so I convinced him to hold off breaking my water. Then of all times, the first flight was booked, and Randy doesn't tell anyone that his wife was IN LABOR! He takes the 2nd flight out. He landed at Love Field around noon and by the grace of God and Richard's insane speed driving, he walked in the hospital 30 minutes later. I immediately starting pushing and at 2:36pm, my beautiful red headed boy was born!



Just look at how he has grown through the years.... I am so proud of the handsome sweet boy he has become. Now we just have to work on that perfectionist in him and sensitive side that gets his feelings hurt. Too much like his mommy!

Happy Birthday My Sweet Riley! I love you to the moon & back, infinity and beyond, forever & ever!

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Loved hearing his birth story!! And I know this is about Riley but LOVE Alex's outfit!!