Sunday, June 27, 2010

Party #2- Family Party

Saturday evening after a quick nap for Alex, we headed over to my mom & dad's house for Riley's family party. It was originally supposed to be at my house, but last minute we decided to do it at their house. We knew they would be wanting to show the house off during the day anyway, and let's face it I don't know if I ever would have gotten my house as clean as I wanted it. It is just so hard these days with such active kids to get anything clean before they mess up the last room I just cleaned.
I had decided that this might be the year to start separating all the friends from all the grandparents and truthfully it turned out wonderful! With the exception of the fact that I was exhausted from partying all day, Riley was exhilarated because he got to open presents twice. Plus it kept the present pile from becoming overwhelming all at once. The only bad thing was I had to order cupcakes for all the friends and a cake for the family, but then again we got the best of both worlds! :) Here is the cake I searched everywhere for. Seriously I went to 2 Albertson's and 1 Kroger before I finally found this at Walmart. Everyone told me that they had not gotten in their Toy Story stuff yet. The movie came out LAST WEEKEND! What are they waiting for? But anyway I thought this cake was cute & yummy. I am no longer knocking grocery store cakes!

After we ate hamburgers & hot dogs, then we opened the presents. Here is the Wii Nerf game that Mommy & Daddy bought him.

And of course, the grabby thing that Randy just had to buy him! Don't think it wasn't well tried out as we walked all through Toys R Us. Riley loves it too! Go figure, BOYS!
Caleb especially loved studying the tower that went along with the Construction Crane. I think he will grow up to be an engineer. He is so cute they way he studies things. Plus it will just kill Jamie & Chad when he decides to follow his cousins to A&M because they have the best engineering school. :)

We finally did the cake & ice cream at 8:00pm. But both kids were so exhausted by the time we loaded up all the new toys, cameras, and their stuff that you couldn't even tell that they had extra sugar so close to bedtime. Overall it was a great day and Riley just beamed all day long. That makes for a really happy mommy. Even Randy noticed because as we fell into bed exhausted last night, he leaned over and said, "You are a really great mom!" Ahh!

No comments: