Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Big 5 year old party

On Saturday, we had Riley's 5 year birthday party at Main Event in Grapevine. He had been to a birthday party there about a month before that and decided that was what he wanted to do. The funny thing was a month ago was his first ever time to bowl. He was horrible. In fact he had the lowest score of anyone at the party. But I let him have his way and have the bowling party. In an effort to be a good teaching mom, I decided on Friday morning that we should go bowling one time before the party to get in some extra practice. What a fiasco! He threw the biggest fit and told me he didn't even want to have a party. I was furious!! I even went in to the sales office to see if I could cancel. No such luck, but now I am so thankful that I didn't cancel. On Saturday morning, my easy going, fun loving child showed back up. He was so excited about the party that he naturally threw the ball harder down the lane. In fact he scored a spare in his second frame. That did it. From that point on, he was having the time of his life and bowled really well. In fact, he had the highest score at our party! I was so proud of him. At one point during the party, they crank the music up, turn on the black lights and the disco ball, and have a dance party. My children liked this the best. In fact, next year I think I will just rent out a club and have a dance party! Alex doesn't look like it in this picture, but she was just dancing and having so much fun!

Riley squeezing in some dance moves between bowling!
This was the only picture that I got of his face while bowling. It looks weird because it was so dark in there with only the black lights on.

The final score for the boys in his lane.

Then it was time for the cake & presents. We did Toy Story cupcakes for the kids and pizza.

The kids loved the Toy Story rings in the cupcakes.

Alex loved the icing!

Riley is so into space right now, so this gift was a huge hit. Most of his gifts were Toy Story, space, or cars theme. He was so excited about all of them. For the first time ever, I can truly say that he was really excited about ALL of them. Our friends do an awesome job of picking out toys!
After all the food, the kids got $15 game cards to spend on games. We had two extra, so Chuck & Randy also got to have their own cards. I'm sure Riley, Brandon, & Matthew were glad that they did not have to share with Dad.
Motorcycle? I see trouble in my future!
Alex & Gampa had to play all the shooting games. At least she doesn't realize that she is not really playing. It is much cheaper that way!

Claire & her mommy had a long game going on!
Jacob had to practice shooting the rifles with his granddad too!
This was Randy's idea of watching Alex!
Father & Son -Truckers!
Riley was so excited. I would say the party was a huge success. Thanks to all who came!

No comments: