Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 2 of Houston- Kemah & Friends

The next morning we woke up to the sun shining and back to Houston humidity. I had never been to Kemah and I heard that it had been rebuilt since the hurricane. Let me just say that there was NO evidence of a hurricane ever destroying the boardwalk. It looked great and all the businesses were open. We started off with a little shopping while we waited for my college roommate (all 4 years) to get there with her 2 little boys.
Shonna with her 2 little boys, Shonna's mom, Nana, Riley, Alex, & April

After they arrived, I allowed the children to play in the splash fountain. At first, Alex wasn't too sure of it getting her wet, but eventually they were both soaked.
It makes me laugh to think how kids can have hours of fun with nothing but water!

Gampa had to do a little prompting to get Alex involved at first.

After they were soaked and Shonna had to leave, we headed over to the gaming area. I let Riley pick any one ride. He chose the train. I personally think he made a great decision because all of us were able to ride the train and it was about a 10 minute ride versus the other rides that last 30 seconds.

Everyone was really hot at this point and starting to get grumpy.

After the train we went to lunch at The Lighthouse for a seafood buffet. It was wonderful! Everything tasted so good and the air conditioning felt wonderful to us dry adults. Unfortunately it wasn't long and Riley started complaining of freezing. I guess that is what you get when you are soaking wet!
Now that our bellies were full it was time to head back to the hotel, change into dry clothes, and squeeze in some nap time. Following some much needed naps, we headed to see another college roommate, Amanda, and her family. It was so good catching up with everyone. Its hard to believe that at one time these girls knew everyone I did and went almost everywhere I went. Yet I hadn't seen Amanda since she was pregnant with her son and now she is a mommy of 3. Who would have ever thought?

Sadly the next morning was time to head home. On the way, we stopped to see Christy again and meet her little boy and see her gorgeous house. What a cutie pie that little boy was! It is funny he weighs the same as Alex but feels so much heavier. He is just solid, but so cute! I was really impressed with her new house. I think she is going to love that floor plan with a play room right off the family room for years to come. I can't wait to go back down there and spend hours in that room talking while our kids play in the play room. Hopefully it won't take me another 4 years to make it back to Houston.

No comments: