Monday, February 9, 2009

Beginning of the End




With much sadness, I have come to the conclusion that I am going to start the weaning process. In approximately 2-3 weeks, my little girl will be drinking nothing but formula. It is a sadness because I am not quite ready to let go of this process. I know that drinking breast milk is supposed to be so much better for her and will hopefully be passing on as many antibodies as I can make. But the milk just simply isn't there anymore. I really shouldn't be sad. I can list SEVERAL selfish reasons to stop. More time, I can drink as much caffeine as I want, and did I mention more time! But I will also lose my excuse for watching General Hospital every day. I have been recording it, so that I have something to do while I am attached to the pump. One more bad thing, now I will have to watch what I eat. I won't be burning a zillion calories a day any more! So let's focus on the good- more time and bring on the drinks!

No comments: