Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! These were the pictures that we had made at Penney's for Alex's 5 month birthday!
So much sibling love!We had a great Valentine's weekend, although not at all typical. Since Friday was the day closest to Valentine's at school, we had our party Friday afternoon. Then Friday evening, Randy beat me home, so he fixed some lasagna for us. Can you believe he actually cooked 3 times this week????
Saturday morning we got to sleep in, yea! Then Randy & his friend Dion went to the gun show while I stayed home with the kids and got a little house cleaning done. I know it sounds strange, but I really do feel better when I have gotten the house picked up a little. For lunch we all met up with a friend of mine from high school & college, Erik, and his wife Jeannette and his mom, Liz. We had a great time catching up and enjoying Spring Creek Bar-Be-que, yum! Then Saturday evening it was time to catch up with some more friends. We headed over to Phillip & Tiff's to play with Austin & Hailey. The moment we get to the house Riley takes off and he and Austin have a ball all night. They were still going strong at 10:30, when we left last night. They play so well together. No fighting and Austin teaches Riley manners! I love it! While the kids were playing we spent time catching up with Phillip & Tiffany, and Amy & Dion. I so enjoy spending time with them. I just wish that they didn't live in Mansfield and South Arlington.
Sunday morning we again slept in. This time we were bad, though, and skipped church. We got up and did a little more house cleaning and just general hanging out. Then the kids and I headed over to a 1st birthday party for the daughter of the girl that teaches next door to me. First parties are always so cute as you looked back over how much they have changed. Riley again had a ball playing with all the kids. They had a huge game of football going on in the front yard. I tried to take pictures, but of course, my battery was dead on the camera! After the party was over, we head home to watch the first Nascar race of the season, Daytona! It was a pretty good race, even though it ended early with the rain. Neither mine, Kasey Kahne, or Randy's, Carl Edwards, drivers won, but it was still good. Then tonight we took the kids over to my mom & dad's for our Sunday night reprieve. This lets me get one night of sleep uninterrupted. Somehow I always have plans of coming home and getting the house all completely cleaned up. But so far that hasn't happened. Usually I just fall asleep and watch uninterrupted TV. But overall it was a great weekend with lots of time with friends and each other. Just no sappy candelight dinners, who wants to wait 2 hours for a table anyway!




No comments: