Thursday, February 19, 2009

Slept through the night!

I have a major reason to celebrate today! Alex slept through the night last night!!!!! She has been wearing me out lately waking up multiple times a night and always starving. So yesterday after school, I went and bought some baby food as well as extra cereal to take over to Tracey's. Last night, Riley and I kept her awake playing at home. Then I fed her some rice cereal mixed with applesauce. I followed that messy affair up with a bath. Finally after dressing her and wrapping her up in her warm sleep sack, I pulled out a bottle. She only drank about 1 oz before falling asleep. Regretfully I put her to bed, figuring that she would be awake in about 2 hours. Imagine my surprise when the alarm woke me up at 5:30, and I was still sound asleep.
Since I am not a first time mother, I am not naive enough to believe that I have fixed the problem. She has had cereal several times before and still not slept through the night, but I will take anything I can get! Its hard to believe that this is the same baby that at 3 months was sleeping from 10pm to 5 am!

Riley loves to solve his puzzles. He is so cute right now, he is always wanting to do his "homework" like the big kids. I think it is great because he is learning every time he does his homework.


No comments: