Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Swimming into 7 years old

The week after VBS we celebrated Riley turning 7 with a pool party at my grandparent's new subdivision pool.  It was great because it was free, but still constraining because we were only allowed a certain number of guests.
I got each of the party guests a bucket filled with a beach ball, goggles, and water gun.  The funny thing was each of the kids ended up looking like little bugs.
Caleb bug!

Alex bug!
I planned all these cute little games for the kids to play in the pool, but somehow they just wanted to splash and play.  So the moms sat around in the shade and played catch up.
My mom, Randy, Aunt Jeanne, & Papaw catching up with Riley on summer's activities
 I was determined to make this party as cheap as possible.  Combine that thought with the fact that Riley couldn't really decided on a theme, so I turned to Pinterest determined that I could make the cupcakes.  Here was my combined idea.  Half water side with blue icing, half graham cracker sand complete with a beach ball gumball, and umbrella.

After cupcakes and ice cream it was time to open some presents. Riley is so easily pleased.

As soon as allowed the kids & big kids (Gampa) jumped back in the water for more fun. 
It was a great party and Riley had tons of fun which is really all that matters when it comes to your son's birthday party. 

 

No comments: