Saturday, September 8, 2012

Bandera - Part 2

Thursday morning Mom & I headed out to Fredericksburg for a little shopping while the kids stayed back at the hotel with Gampa.  I'm pretty sure their day consisted of swimming, playing miniature golf, taking a nap, and more swimming.  Mom and I managed to buy her ANOTHER purse, some meat rubs, Mexican vanilla, and a shirt for me.  We spent a lot of time wandering into stores with pretty stuff that we couldn't afford.  But it was nice to look at boutiques without constantly worrying if my kids are going to break something.  When we got back we took the kids into town for Dairy Queen and then after Blizzards, we headed back for more sugar and more Smores!
Friday morning my dad and Riley got up to play a round of golf.  Riley hung out  for 9 holes of golf, and then Alex and I went for the last 9 holes.  After golf, we headed back to the pool and to relax some more. 
Saturday morning was National Cowboy Day, and Bandera is one of the Cowboy capitals, so we headed into town for a little festivities.
First off was to turn these city kids into cowboys and cowgirls by buying them real hats.

Then we had to see what they were really made of and have a run with the bull.  It was really cool that this bull ride could go absolutely as slow or as fast as each person wanted. Riley started out slow til he got the hang of it.
Then he wanted to go faster and faster.  Here is the result, but notice the small smile forming on his face.
Surprisingly Alex wanted to try it to.  That adventurous little girl was really starting to show. But not too adventurous because she didn't want to go faster and fall off.
Then we drank some frozen lemonaide and watched a gun fight.
As we turned to leave they unloaded a longhorn.  Don't judge me for letting me children sit on a longhorn.  How could I disappoint them?

That night we headed back to the Flying L for a barbeque down at the Ranch "town." We ate barbeque and did a little "chicken" dancing.
They had all these little stations set up for the kids to try.  Each kid tried their hand at shooting a bow and arrow.  Pretty good shots, Randy would have been proud.

Amazingly this was something my dad had never actually done, so he was excited to try it.  I had done it at camp and actually was pretty good, but sadly I was pathetic.

Sort of like how my son was at roping. But its not about the skill, right?  Its all about the full cowboy experience.
While Riley was roping, Mom was cooling off in the shade.  Did I mention this was the end of July and dinner was outside?  It was hot!

We ended the evening with Alex getting her face painted, in fact she was the last girl to get her face painted.
It all marked the end to a really great relaxing week.  Just spent the time having fun, enjoying each other's company, oh and staying up late every night on Pinterest planning Alex's fairy party.

No comments: