Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Day of Second Grade

How in the world is my sweet firstborn already in 2nd grade?  He is getting so tall.  Right now Riley is 7 years old and still as sensitive as ever.  He wavers between his favorite sport being soccer and baseball, although he currently is playing soccer.  His favorite food is probably pizza, although he can't seem to eat enough fruit.  Majority of the time, he is an excellent eater.  Typical boy, hard to fill up.  He is wearing a size 7 in clothes, although some size 7 jeans are too short. But size 8 jeans won't stay up. His foot is a size 3 and definitely looking to be really tall, which I really do love.
This year I also bought Alex a first day of school outfit.  She loves clothes so much, how good I tell her no.  I think she was as excited as Riley about the first day of school.  Although for Alex, she is just going back to Mrs. Tracey's with her friends, so not much to be afraid of.
The 3 of us all in new clothes!
Riley with his handpicked teacher, Mrs. Gray.  If you don't think she is amazing, then just look at his class list with 3 teacher kids in it.  Which also means that Riley will spend another year with some of his best friends in class. :)
Since I didn't get to go to Meet the Teacher night with him, had to meet my own students, I went down early with him the first day of school.  We went and took early pictures because Riley knew that at 7:45 I had to be in my classroom greeting my students for the first day. It is always hard to not be able to walk him to class or be at those first moments, but I get so busy and wrapped in my first morning jitters that I usually get over those feelings quickly.  Besides it is good for Riley to be on his own and not always relying on Mom.
So here's to hopefully another fantastic school year.

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

I cannot believe you have a second grader!! He is so lucky to have Mrs. Gray & vice versa. That picture of you and the kids is great! Good pic of you.