Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Pirate Party and Weekend Away

The next to last weekend in July was my cousin's son's 4th birthday party.  As usual she went over the top and everything looked fabulous.  Even to the point that I joked with my mom that I should hire Jamie to plan my kids' parties, even if she does live all the way in Austin.  Randy and I previously had plans, so my parents took the kids. 
Here is her adorable table complete with cake and cupcakes.  Caleb is just a little bit obsessed with pirates.  I think this will be his 2nd or 3rd Halloween to be a pirate, but I think it is adorable.

The hit of the party was the huge Pirate water slide.  They played on it for hours.  Luckily for my kids since we were family, they got to stay after the rest of the guests had gone home and just play and play.
I think a perfect caption for this is, "Don't even think of touching my cake!"

I know this is Caleb's new Jake and the Neverland Pirates Ship, but it seems like my kids are just as excited.
Alex's turn on the slide
Apparently the slide was so fun that Jamie and her husband Chad had to get in on the action.  

I wish I could tell you more details about the party that looks like tons of fun, but Randy and I were off floating the river and I have absolutely NO pictures to show from the weekend.  We had made plans earlier in the summer to meet up in Gruene, Texas with some friends from college.  It actually turned out to be a Class of 2000 H-1 reunion  minus my ex- boyfriend, plus Randy and I.  Now I know this sounds strange, that this would be fun, but it really was.  The guy I dated for 2 years in college and is ultimately responsible for introducing me to Randy, was in H-1 (Corps Outfit at A&M).  So I spent 2 years getting to know this great group of guys.  Somehow as time passed, Randy also became close friends with 2 of these guys, which is how we were included.  We really had so much fun. 
 We started with a Mexican lunch in Austin just the 2 of us, which tasted delicious after 3 days of doing the Shakeology cleanse and losing 7.5 pounds.  Then we met Brad and his girlfriend at the house we were renting in Gruene.  Since we were there the earliest, the 4 of us headed to the Grist Mill for dinner.  OMG!  How have I never eaten there before?  The steaks were huge and the chicken fried steak was awesome.  We stuffed ourselves silly and then headed back to the house to meet up with everyone else.  At first it was strange to be reacquainted with several of these guys that I have not seen in 10 years.  Then I just relaxed and had so much fun catching up and meeting their new wives. Randy and I were the only ones with kids and the only ones who had been married longer than 3 years.  That was strange!
The next morning we all got up, loaded the bus, and headed up to the Gualupe River. We took 5 hours to float the river and had so much fun.  It was just relaxing, well other than when Mike and I decided to paddle with our arms to get to the shade, away from the shore, or just catch up with the rest of the group. After exiting the river, we returned to the house to cook up fajitas, and drink beer with more telling stories. What a fun weekend, I definitely hope this is something we repeat.
The next morning my parents met us with the kids and took the kids and I on to San Antonio for a week, while Randy returned home and to work.

No comments: