Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Fun

The last couple of weekends have been full of quality family time. We have not done anything important, but had lots of fun. On Sunday afternoon, Randy had softball practice, so the kids and I decided to enjoy the semi warm weather and play on the playground during practice. Alex is really discovering playgrounds and pushing her independence level. She is so fun to watch. I could just take pictures of that smile for hours. I love this big smile while sliding down the slide, but looking at the picture sure does make me think that Alex needs her first haircut.
I think I love softball season more than Randy does. Maybe it is because I grew up on the softball fields. I feel like I had a great childhood and would love to repeat so many things with my own kids.

Saturday night we actually got to have an adult night out. It was one of our Renn Faire friend's birthday. Every year he has a birthday party and it is just an event not to miss. Luckily Richard was in town, so we were able to leave the kids with him, while we went 5 minutes down the road. Then after the party we spent the night at Richard's, which was great for us because we didn't have to make that long drive home. Plus we had dinner cooked for us before the party and breakfast the next morning!
Some of my favorite girls, Tracy & Jenn

Saturday morning we met my best friend, Teresa & her son Jacob at North East Mall for a little shopping and some playtime. They had a book event going on. The boys got to do a little painting, took a picture with Curious George, and hula hooped with Radio Disney.

Before the book blast, we spent some time at the mall play area. Riley of course was King of the Pig!

Last weekend we also went to a mall, although this one was Grapevine Mills. We did lots of shopping there. I bought Alex some new shoes at Stride Rite, a Noah's Ark nightlight for Mom's birthday (this will go in the kids' new room at the new house), and a Nemo for our own special Nemo (my grandmother). While there, we were proud that my mom walked the whole mile long walk. We did take breaks along the way though. Of course, we had to ride the carousel.

At Holiday in the Park, Mom & Alex rode the carousel and she did not like it too much. But this time she was able to watch her big brother's excitement.
The face says it all!

Alex can even have fun just hanging out at home on her rocking horse.

No comments: