Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Riley is now registered for Kindergarten!

This week I registered Riley for Kindergarten at my school! This is so bittersweet. I will enjoy being able to see him throughout the day, peeking in to see if he is behaving, but it also means that I will have a child with me 24-7. No more free moments before or after school! He is growing so fast. He absolutely is loving preschool this year and learning so much. In fact the other day he told me that it was Texas Independence Day. This made me feel kind of bad, because as a teacher of Texas History, I should have known that. But I was too busy paying attention to the TAKS test to teach my kids that important fact :(

Alex is finally starting to say more words. Everything is still one syllable but she is making an effort. In the last week she said, "ow"- bow, nack- snack, and mi- milk. At least she is finally having the desire to talk. She will also now point to her nose, her bow, and sometimes her ear.


Riley's special coloring book to get him ready for school!
On a side note, I gave my kids several extra hugs and kisses tonight. One of my fellow teachers was called at work to tell her that her 7 month old little boy was unconscious and his temperature was dropping. After emergency brain surgery, he is finally in ICU. Just reminds me of how fast your world can change. These babies are my whole world. I just can not imagine all the things she must be going through. Never take your kids for granted and give them extra love. They grow up too fast anyway and won't let you love on them in public.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the drool in that Easter picture of Alex!! How cute!! Your babies are beautiful April.

-Rachel