Friday, March 19, 2010

First half of Spring Break!

For the first time in a long time, we stayed home for Spring Break. This means that I get to go and play for one whole week, as long as I am home to fix dinner and do the daily laundry. Blah! Anyway Monday was our first official day of Spring Break and Riley wakes me up at 5:30 with Mommy, I threw up in my bed! Up to throw the sheets in the washer and have Riley crawl in our bed. Unfortunately all of Monday was spent with a sick little boy. He ended up sleeping 18 out of the 24 hours on Monday. Poor little guy!
Tuesday was appointment day. I met my parents at their new house to drop off the kids, while I went to have my legs waxed. This is kind of like a right of Spring to have this done. I'll admit I am a little addicted. I love NOT shaving. Then I met everyone for a quick lunch at McAlister's. I LOVE their sweet tea. Then I went to my next appt, my regular dr, while the kids and my parents went to Chuck E Cheese to play. At the dr he determined:
1. I am not anemic. Just tired from keeping up with 2 kids, 2 dogs, a husband that is never home between work and paintball, and working full time.
2. Apparantly I just need to stretch my back. Another dr with an opinion and NO x-rays!
3. I have ringworm! GROSS!
Wednesday was a real play day. We drove out to the Arboretum in Dallas. It was beautiful. It had been several years since I had been able to go with mom, dad, and the kids. But my perfectionist came out and I got frustrated. I don't think I will ever get the perfect picture. All I want is both kids smiling, with dimples showing, and looking at the camera. Is that too much to ask for??? Yes! Because we took 260 pictures on Wednesday. I deleted them down to 67, but the perfect shot still does not exist! Here are some of my favs throughout the day....
1st picture of the day and the best of the day!

Snack time!

Alex did not want to sit next to the flowers, she wanted to sit ON the flowers!


My favorite of Riley. So much personality!


Alex was trying to cheer up a pouty big brother!


Ahh! The flowers!
My big girl!

No comments: