Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wildflower Wednesday and the beginning of a LOOONG week!

Wednesdays for the kids are spent at my parents. Since we have to make the long drive to Hurst, I usually leave the kids in their pajamas. I guess they made a BIG mess at breakfast, so they were helping clean up. Wish I could get them to work for me! Then they headed out to take pictures of the kids in the wildflowers. I just love those moments when they are being sweet and loving to each other.

Riley prancing in the flowers.


My sweet little girl!

Looking handsome in the flowers

After all that posing they headed to the park to play. You can't really tell from this picture, but this is where my allergy baby started showing signs of having problems from being out in the pollen. She had red splotches all over her face.
After playing on the swings & slides, they headed over to feed the ducks.
Some of you know that I have been real concerned about Alex's lack of verbal skills, so we get real excited when she says new words. In this picture, a duck had just wandered by and Alex turned and said, "Hey duck". Yea, another new word!
Unfortunately this was the end of our fun for a couple of days. While the kids were playing at the park, I was leaving work with a fever & strep throat. Thankfully my parents kept the kids overnight for me. But then Riley went home from school early on Thursday. By Thursday night, I took Riley & I to the doctor. Both of us had strep throat. Then I took Alex to the dr on Friday, after I was reminded that sometimes strep symptoms can be a rash. Alex never got the fever, but she had a horrible rash on her face. After several hours and lots of money later, she did not have strep but was put on oral steroids because the dr did not like her rash mixed with that crouping sounding cough. In all I missed 2 1/2 days of work, and had both kids home with me on Friday. We all did get in a nap, but not as much rest as I was hoping for. Luckily by Saturday morning, and 24 hours worth of antibiotics we were all feeling much better.

No comments: