Monday, May 17, 2010

End of Soccer Season

Oh my, we(mostly I) have been so busy lately. So I am way behind on posting updates. For starters, Riley's soccer season ended two weekends ago. We had a make-up game on Friday night and then the final game on Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately the last two games were against some really weak teams. Poor Riley was actually bored on the soccer field. I know that he was bored because he was running in circles and singing on the soccer field!!! But he still managed to keep his game scoring average around 6 goals a game. We are so proud of him! This game also marked the end of his days in the 3-4 year old league. Saturday was truly a bittersweet day. Life has been busy and I was glad for the end of soccer season, but oh how I missed having the game this Saturday. Then I know that he will move up into a new league with some talent. It will be interesting to watch how Riley develops & handles having some real competition. After the game we rushed out to help my parents move. My parents moved from their house of 35 years! This was the only house I had ever grown up in. I am super excited for them getting a new house and I LOVE having them only 10 minutes away, but it was kind of sad to leave behind all those memories. We spent all day Saturday moving boxes! (The movers moved the furniture on Monday)

Alex decided that she could help carry the chairs too!
Sunday was Mother's Day, but I didn't hardly have time to think about that. I had to pack and make sure everything was ready for camp. On Monday I left for 3 days to go to Sky Ranch Camp with 120 kids & 30 chaperones. This was my first year to be in charge & I was so nervous about everything. Sunday was spent running errands and playing catch up. We did manage to squeeze in a visit to some friends of ours who had just had a newborn baby boy! He was so sweet & big! 9 pounds! We joked that my kids were 3 months old before they were that big. It was nice to hold a sweet newborn, but my mommy instinct did not kick in. I am officially done. My two keep me busy enough! After our visit, my parents met us at Sake. It is a great Japanese Hibachi place in South Arlington that we all love. Again I did not take any pictures. But I can tell you that my kids LOVE Japanese & Chinese food. They make me laugh with how much food they will eat! It was the perfect ending to a busy mother's day. Randy did manage to buy me a card, but he forgot to sign it. I guess I can't say too much, I never bought my mom a card. It was just too much going on!



No comments: