Thursday, October 1, 2009

Big boy not so big

Today was an emotionally challenging day. My team is going through some changes at work on how we make our lesson plans. It may be for the better later on, but right now I am having a rough time adjusting. On top of that, I have a student teacher this semester. My student teaching experience was absolutely wonderful, so I want Meghan's to be the same. Unfortunately I feel like I am failing her. I just can't seem to get caught up on my teacher stuff. Then I have so many kids out sick that I feel like all I am doing is getting together make up work. Plus it is time to start kicking off all of Sky Ranch fundraisers and info meetings. I am in charge of Sky Ranch this year, so that means I have notes to write, print, & copy.
Sadly my day did not improve by leaving work. I quickly rushed to pick up Alex, where I was told that my babysitter's son has the flu again! I feel really sorry for him and Tracey. My mood worsened when I called mom to see if she could keep the kids and she told me that they have an appointment to meet with the architect tomorrow. Oh and by the way they found out today, that they have termites. Taking a deep breath, I headed to get Riley at preschool. This was my first time to actually pick him up from school. Can you believe it, he has been at school for 4 weeks now and Randy has done all the picking up? Well Randy was busy at work today, so Mommy finally got to do it. But that meant that Riley would go to afterhours care until I could get there shortly before 5. Finally I found the Fellowship Hall and saw my adorable red head. Then my heart saddened some more when the teacher told me that Riley had been crying off and on several times that afternoon. Because he had never been at school so long, he was afraid that Mommy might not find him or even come get him. Needless to say, I felt awful. Now I know that there was nothing that I could do about it, but I never want my children to cry because they think their Mommy let them down.
I think I am ready for this week to be over and spend some quality time with my kiddos. In the meantime, I just have to make lesson plans for next week, make copies for next week, and actually teach my students!

1 comment: