Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Party & Birthday

Yesterday was not what I call a typical birthday, but still it was a great day. Although not typical for me, it was probably more typical of the usual suburban mom. We started bright and early at Riley's soccer game. I assure you an 8 am game was not in my plans for my bday morning. My son rewarded me with a stellar game. He scored 11 goals. It was a great game considering they only had 4 players and 4 players have to be on the field at all times. Plus I was playing coach for the team yesterday, another interesting role.
After the game we joined my dad for breakfast at Cafe Omega. It was yummy! We concluded the meal with them singing Happy Birthday and bringing me a piece of chocolate pie (at 9AM).
Following our breakfast it was time to find me a costume for our Rennaissance Crew Halloween party that night. We finally decided on this Nascar theme outfit and Randy went as a Nascar fan.
I spent the afternoon at my school's carnival. It was fun seeing lots of people, but I wish we had made more money for camp! After the carnival, I rushed home to get ready for our party. Here is the part that was not so typical for me. My big birthday dinner was a frozen Banquet meal (that cost me $0.88). Then Papaw & Nemo came over to keep the kids while Randy & I headed out to our party.
Shortly after arriving, I had a birthday surprise. A&M actually beat Tech in Lubbock! It has been 13 years since we did that. I was so excited.

Our party was lots of fun. We haven't seen much of our crew friends this year, so it was really good to spend some time hanging out.
This was the vortex that Rob built in his backyard. Really cool!

Overall it was a great day!

No comments: