Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A heavy heart

It is with a heavy heart that I sit down to post my blog. The dr has called to make sure that family will be with my grandmother tonight. She has been in the hospital with a number of things wrong. I knew in my head that she probably wasn't leaving the hospital, but my heart refused to accept it. So you are asking, why am I sitting here writing instead of being at the hospital? I tried. I made it all the way to the stop sign (about 200 yds from my driveway) and had already slid 3 times. The ice is horrible tonight. So I very slowly turned (slid) around and returned home. Now I just have to sit and wait for the phone to ring. Then I will wake up tomorrow and hope that magically the ice has cleared and we will have school tomorrow.
I know my students would kill me for hoping that we have school tomorrow. But I don't need a break right now. We just had a 4 day weekend. I KNOW that I will desperately need a break come April when we are in the middle of a big TAKS push. So can it please just magically warm up before 6am???
One more thing, Lord, if you need my grandmother home tonight, can you just make it painless and in her sleep? Or maybe we could keep her another night until I can make it to hospital and tell her goodbye?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

*hugs* I love you! I am thinking about your and your parents, and praying for your grandmother. Please let me know what is going on with her. I love you all!

ChristyA said...

I am sorry that the weather is so bad, and that you aren't able to go to the hospital. I know that is hard not being able to be there. I am praying for her and your family! Love you!