Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Real Santa

On the first Monday of my Christmas break, my parents and I took the kids to go see the Prairie Lights in Grand Prairie. We had never been before, but I heard they were great.  I was really insistent that we get there when they opened at 6, so that it wouldn't be too late of an evening.  I am so glad that we did.  We waited in line for about 20 minutes.  But by the time we left around 8, the line was probably about 2 hours long.  Just this huge line of cars stretched almost back to I-20.  CRAZY!! 
Anyway the lights were really good and the kids enjoyed them.  About 2/3 of the way through you have a stopping point.  Which was really good because Riley & I both had to go to the bathroom really bad.  Inside the tented area they had snacks, a laser light show (cost $, so we didn't go), and Santa.  The first thing we did was get in line to see Santa. Ok that HAD to be the real Santa.  While we were standing in line, Alex kept saying that she was not going up there by herself.  As our turn approached, she took off by herself and crawled right up in his lap!  It was precious.  I LOVED the picture!!! Then they both told him they wanted Kung Fu Panda 2 the movie for Christmas.  (That was easy to please!)


After Santa Claus, they each enjoyed some Christmas cookies and hot chocolate.  Everything was reasonably priced (basically just cost value.) Then we headed outside to let Alex ride the Merry Go Round and Riley ride the spinning pandas.  Both rides were free!! Plus the kids loved them.  We had so much fun and then topped off a great evening with a yummy dinner at Sake, a Hibachi place in South Arlington.  What a perfect evening.