Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Alex's 3rd Birthday

Several weeks ago, my baby girl turned 3.  But between school starting and Randy working out of town, I just haven't had time to blog about anything.  In fact even right now, I have a stack of papers waiting to be graded so that progress reports can go home, but I decided to work on my blog before I have an insane amount to blog about.
First off is a picture that my friend & photographer, Melissa Chase Photography, took of Alex for her 3 year pics. I think I may have finally figured out the trick to getting Alex to smile.  Take pictures of just her first.  That way it is all her HER! 
2 weeks before her actual birthday, we had a Disney Princess birthday party at the house.  One month before was her cousin Caleb's party that involved a big inflatable water slide.  The kids had a blast!  So I sweet talked Jamie into bringing the slide all the way from Round Rock.  Then I asked ever so sweetly if my mother in law would bring the above ground pool that she bought for the kids all the way from Florida. (Yes I am very loved!)  Lastly we set up our own kiddie pool.  All the kids came in their swimsuits and were ready to swim.  What else do you do when it is 105 outside??
 Caleb all ready to shoot some hoops in the shallow pool!
 Daddy doing what he does best, grilling some hamburgers and hotdogs for all to enjoy.
 I was amazed that all the younger kids spent so much time in the "big" pool and not on the water slide. But I sure am glad Karyn brought the pool all the way from Florida!
Look at all the kids chowing down on hot dogs & cheetos.  We ran out of Cheetos before dinner was even served.  Note to self -buy 2 or more bags of Cheetos for the next kids party!
Then it was time to open all the presents.  It was obvious that everyone knows what Alex likes, Disney princesses.  I didn't even know they made that much princess stuff!
Finally it was time for princess cake & tiara cupcakes.  So we all sang Happy Birthday and waited for Alex to blow out the candles, and waited and waited.  Alex kept blowing up, like blowing her bangs, instead of blowing out the candles.  It took forever but she finally did it!
 Then just as the party was winding down we headed outside for one last BIG present.  Mama Karyn, Papaw, Aunt Kalee, and Uncle Ryan got Alex a PINK Barbie motorized Jeep!  She was so excited.  When Riley turned 3, the Farris' bought him a green John Deere motorized Gator.  It has been a favorite toy for the past 3 years and is still well played.
Immediately Alex & Hailey went for a ride.  We were all sitting there seeing the future of Alex and Hailey at age 16 headed out for night on the town.  Lord, help me now!  Hailey has enough of her Momma in her and Alex has her Mommy's looks and her Daddy's attitude.  Watch out town!  These two will be trouble!  The really funny thing was Alex didn't feel comfortable driving yet, so she let Hailey take over the driving after a while.  Those two had so much fun driving around.
It was a great party.  Alex got a ridiculous amount of toys that she just LOVES.  We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family.

No comments: