Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cowboys Stadium Tour

Today we cashed in our Groupon tickets for Cowboys Stadium Tours that I bought my dad and Randy for Father's Day.  None of us had seen inside it, so I was pretty pumped.  I made us all dress in our Cowboys shirts.  Except that I realized that Riley did not have one.  My big plan was that we would just buy one at the Proshop. What I wasn't prepared for was that the KID'S jerseys would be $65!!  So instead I bought a new tshirt for me and Riley took my jersey.  Never mind that this jersey is now on clearance since Marion Barber was traded several days ago.  The kids were so excited to get down on the field, although both of them asked me when the game was going to start.  I was really said to tell them that we were not there to see a game, we can't actually afford to take all of us to a real Cowboys game. 
 I had to crack up and how when you give kids a great big field, they feel the need to run.  And run they did.  Both kids ran the full length of the field several times.  They had so much fun.
 Then Gampa decided it was time to step in and do some tackling.
 Daddy didn't tackle, but just decided for the scoop up and take over.
Future pose with the star?
I think they tackled each other, or just took a break from all that running.
 Then Dad decided to step in and tackle Randy.  Just in case you were wondering, no nobody actually fell to the turf.
 Riley couldn't be outdone and decided to do his own tackling. 
After a considerable amount of time, we decided to check out the behind the scenes places.  Here was the Cowboys locker room.  Now of course, the Cowboys are actually at training camp, and haven't reported to the locker rooms at Cowboys stadium but still here are the big 3 right together.
 Then I felt that it was our job as good Aggies, to take our family photo in front of Martellus Bennett (an Aggie) locker.
After the boy's room, we decided to check out the girl's room (The Cowboy Cheerleaders locker room!)  Again not much to see, but they had one locker set up to show their uniforms and they glowing lights.  Of course, my drama queen posed prissilly (is that a word?)
Finally it was time to go, both kids were getting whiney, and we had seen all we were allowed to see on the self -guided tour, so we headed outside.  We had to finish up with Dad posing with Tom Landry (probably his favorite coach of all time).
It was a great day.  We really were amazed at the television screen and of course it was all beautiful.  Now, I'm not ready to go back to work yet and summer to be over, but I am ready for some football!

No comments: