Monday, July 26, 2010

Riley's Music Camp

Last week, Riley attended music & arts camp at our church.  His week began on Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm.  Since class was only 3 hours and all the way in Hurst, I decided that it was best that I stay on that side of town while he participated.  Being that it was a Sunday, Randy stayed home with Alex. That meant that I actually had 3 hours without any children and nothing planned that I had to do.  Dropping him off was the strangest feeling for me.  I have never dropped Riley off anywhere and then had free time.  Don't get me wrong, it was strange, but also exhilarating. My mom came with me and then we had time to get some serious shopping done.  So the first thing we did was head over to Kid to Kid and buy Alex 2 new hair bows.  Then we headed to Gymboree to use my Gymbucks.  I bought both kids a fall outfit (long sleeve shirt & pair of jeans).  Then we had time to run in JoAnn's.  It was amazing how much time we had to shop without having to corral 2 kids at the same time. 
 Back to music camp, Riley went to class for 3 hours each day.  On Sunday, each child tie dyed their shirt that they would wear in the program on Thursday night.  Each day the did some kind of craft, went to story time, did a creative movement class, and choir.  Oh and the best part of the day was snack.  Riley was amazed with their snack on Sunday.  They had "Jesus Food"  I think in actuality it was humus, some kind of cracker, and grapes. 
Thursday night they showed off what they had learned all week.  Since Riley was only in Kindergarten they sang the first two songs, but were not part of the whole program.  Either way, I just love watching my child perform.  It makes me so proud to watch him.


No comments: