Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fort Worth Museum of Science & History

On Tuesday, one of my best friend's from college came into town with her family.  We decided to meet up at the Fort Worth Museum of Science & History.  I had not been there since they redid it and was dying to try it out.  After we stood in the line to buy tickets, I found out that if I had brought my press pass then I could have saved 50 % on Tuesdays.  GRRR!  That would have been a lot of money since my ticket was $14!!!  Oh well, time to have some fun.  Our first stop was the Children's Museum part.
First up was a giraffe that tells you how tall you are.  It was really cute, & told Riley that he was 48 inches tall.  But then again it told me I was 5'10" when I am only 5'9", but still pretty cool. We couldn't get Alex to stand still long enough to figure out how tall she was.

Next stop was a little role play.  They had this fake ambulance and 3 beds with tons of "babies" in them. 

After spending some time indoors, Riley discovered they had a courtyard full of water toys.  So we headed out to the heat.  This exhibit let the kids spray direct lines of water at fans to spin.

This was the favorite of the whole museum.  The kids were able to connect pcp pipes with corner connectors to holes with water spraying out.  They were able to redirect the water to long straight lines or connect 2 holes together, or they even connected it to make a line of water that sprayed off the table and onto themselves.  OOPS!  :)

Finally I was able to convince the kids to go check out the rest of the museum.  We found this gigantic dinosaur foot print.
Then we moved over to another exhibit where the kids were learning all about inertia.  I have no idea how this worked, but the straighter the kids stood up the faster it spun in circles.

As a side note, I LOVED Allyson's outfit.  Her T-shirt said, "I feel a HISSY coming on" and then of course she wore her tu-tu.  Soo adorable!
At the end we walked through the DaVinci exhibit.  By now Alex had totally figured out the posing thing.  I asked Riley to pose first, but he was done with posing.  So Alex ran up to the wall and assumed her position.  Then when I didn't get out the camera fast enough she fussed at me until I took her picture.  Little Ham!
Then as were leaving for lunch, we found this chair and thought it made the perfect place to have all the kids pose.
I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the chair is made up of all the letters of the alphabet in order.  Then each letter had the texture or shape of something that starts with that letter.  For example the R had ropes all over it. 
Finally the kids were tired of posing, so we walked down the block to the McDonald's.  I have to say that our trip was quite a success.  We all had so much fun.

1 comment:

ChristyA said...

we had so much fun!!! We need to plan something during Christmas break! Maybe I can come up with the kids for a few days.