Friday, July 9, 2010

4th of July

4th of July was spent with most of the day at the beach.  So I have no pictures to represent.  We took the boat over to Pensacola Beach and anchored it to the dock.  Then we swam for about an hour.  We learned that Alex loves the water, but hates the sand.  No sand castles built on this trip!  Then Richard, Karyn, Kalee, Roy, and Lance met us for lunch.  We went to Flounders because Randy just HAD to add the 2010 mug to his collection.  Lunch was an interesting experience.  Since we had docked out a little ways, we put all of our clothes in a bag and then walked in the water to shore.  Just as Randy was getting Riley off his shoulders, he preceeded to dip the bag in the water.  Guess what?  All of our dry clothes were now sopping wet!  So for the first time ever,  we all went in to a restaurant and ate in our swimsuits.  I didn't even eat in just my bikini while in Mexico!  At least we were eating outside!  But I was a little embarrassed!

After spending several more hours at the beach, we decided to start the hour long boat ride back to the house.  That was the bumpiest ride of my life.  It was miserable.  Poor Riley just kept crying that he wanted to get off the boat.  I did too, but there was no where to go!
Eventually we made it back in time for my favorite meal of Pensacola, fresh shrimp, corn, & potatoes!  YUM!  Then we headed outside for all the big fireworks.

Unfortunately these were the best pics that I got of the evening.  As you can tell Riley was so sunburned.  But only on his face.  Next time I will make sure that I put the sunscreen on his face, and not him!

No comments: