Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Tiny Dancer

This Spring, Alex also tried something new.  She signed up for Tap Ballet and Tumbling Dance at Dana's Studio in Keller.  She loved every minute of it.  I should have know my drama queen would love to be on stage.  But as you can expect, dance costumes & stage makeup is a new world for this volleyball, basketball, and softball playing mommy.  So when it came time for our first set of dance pictures, I called in the professional, my mom!  Ok maybe not the professional, but I have always said she can be super mom.  Anyway so Alex had to be in full costume, hair curled, and make-up (Yes I said makeup, complete with RED lipstick) by 4:30.  There was no way I could accomplish this on my own.  So Mom picked her up from Mrs. Tracey's and brought her up to school.
We started with the makeup.  I did pretty good with that. And I do have to say that mascara did make those pretty blue eyes pop!  Then we started curling hair.  What can I say, she gets her baby fine locks from her momma.  It would NOT hold curl.  So we did the best we could, and went on our way.

 Not that I would do this everyday, but doesn't she look pretty?

I knew she had pictures, but still didn't really know what to expect.  I figured like every other team pictures, we would stand in a line with our payments in hand and watch them take individuals and then all the moms would stand together while they took the group picture.  Well not exactly.  We arrived to find a note on the door that said there was no room for parents in the picture room, so please wait outside.  Plus I didn't buy any packages or pay anything at all that day.  I did poke through the window and I did see her take the seated pose.  Sweet smile, but not a real smile.  I knew I wasn't buying that picture.  Luckily the stand up one was much better, but I will post that picture later, when I get caught up to the recital, because that was where we finally were able to purchase the package.  
After pictures, the girls did perform their recital routine one time for all of us to see a peek.

Sassy, much?

No comments: