Monday, June 25, 2012

Alex's Dance Recital

Alex had her first dance recital in May.  She was so excited and I was so nervous/excited.  It was held on the first Monday that I was out of school.  On that day, Riley went to his first day of baseball camp, Alex had her first dance recital, and first day of full day VBS decorating.  I was one big ball of nervous energy.  Such a weird mixture of excitement and nervousness.  I was nervous for Riley because I knew he would be one of the youngest at camp and never actually played baseball, only tball.  Then I was nervous for Alex because she had never been on stage before.  But I was excited for them to have the chance to learn and show what they know. 
Here was Alex's professional photo.  Sassy looking, huh?  I love it.
 So the morning started with dress rehearsal at Will Rogers.  We dropped Riley & Gampa off at baseball camp and Mom, Alex, & I headed to downtown Fort Worth.  We had decided to do all the makeup and hair at home, but not actually put on the costume until we arrived. Everything went so smoothly.  Well the hair didn't actually curl, even with hot rollers this time, so we used the curling iron too.  Its just so baby fine, like mine.


Then it was show time, so Mom & I went out into the audience to see how she did.  We were only allowed to record during dress rehearsal, so here is a clip.
I was so proud.  She was absolutely beaming and loved every minute.  Then because it was dress rehearsal, we were allowed to go back and get her as soon as she danced and leave.  Except that Alex didn't want to leave.  She insisted that we stay until intermission to see the rest of the show.  I definitely see dance in her future.
That night the whole family reassembled at Will Rogers.  We had Randy, Me, and Riley.  My parents, Randy's stepmom Karyn, Aunt Kalee, and Papaw & Nemo.  My tiny dancer did not disappoint.  She shined again on stage.  Although I learned that Randy & Riley are in for trouble if dance stays in her future.  Both were so bored.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved watching all of it.  Randy & Riley just wanted to know how much longer. 

A Beautiful Grand Finale!
Once intermission arrived, we were able to grab our sweet girl and all go congregate outside.  Then my parents did what I forgot, and bought Alex flowers for her performance.  We told her they were from her brother, who was so proud of her.
One proud family of our little star!

No comments: