Friday, November 25, 2011

Let's Go Racin Boys!

The first weekend in November means two things, either my husband is gone hunting or else we are at the track all weekend.  Luckily for me, most of the time we are at the track.  Back in our younger days, we camped out, partied all weekend, and went to all 3 races.  Now we make it to 2 out of 3, sleep at home, and bring Riley.  Friday night that is exactly what we did.  Riley has always loved racing cars.  When he was little he used to watch the beginning & end of Cars over and over and scream GO the whole time.  So it only seems fair that we take him to see real race cars.  But the races are SO EXPENSIVE.  Our compromise, take him to the truck races on Friday night.  The race is shorter, and all 3 of us can go for the price of one ticket to Nascar.  Riley loves it, but he does begin to get bored just as the race is nearing the end. For now, that makes the truck races perfect for him.
Somehow Randy kept making fun of me for being on my phone, specifically facebook.  But the race was kind of boring.  All the action happened in the first 30 laps and I was downstairs trying to get the scanner to work.  Grr!
Sunday, I was not on my phone.  That was when my driver was running.  Love Kasey Kahne!!  Here is my father in law, Richard, and Ryan enjoying the race. Ryan is actually looking at the scanner in this picture, although he looks like he is sleeping. :)
We saw alot of this on that Sunday.  But considering the championship came down to Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards racing it out, that was pretty fitting.  Although extrememly quick, with very few cautions, it was a good race and a fun day.

No comments: